Unit 12 Public Land Elk Question

REM,
we hunted unit 24 just south of 12 and saw fewer elk than previous years. We never see any deer where we hunt.
There are a lot of elk most years but lots of hunters too.
My uncle said this was the fewest elk he had seen in a long time, he has hunted up there for 28 years.
COjack

We hunted 1st season Eastern side of 12. We were between the pack hunters and the road hunters; though we hiked to the top several times. Third year in the same area. Saw one nice 5x5 the day before the season, then nothing. Heard there were some lower. Don't know why they would have been lower with nice weather. Frustating.

This is an area that I am thinking for muzzleloader hunt 2009.I have hunted the area a few years ago for deer and saw several elk in the area.Not many deer where we found elk,but the bucks we saw were nice.

There is usually a nice heard that is in that drainage toward the top. I've run into some nice bucks in the burned area.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom