Unit 12B Arizona

E

Epie3006

I will be hunting deer in Unit 12B in Northern AZ in late November. Not knowing this area, I went scouting this past weekend. It had rained heavily Friday night and all tracks were erased. I covered many muddy miles in the high country and lowland flats all day Saturday and Sunday.
I drove 14 miles through unit 12A to reach unit 12B and saw some of the best mule deer habitat I have ever come across in both units.

My problem is I did not see a single deer track in two days in either unit. I saw some fresh elk tracks but that is all. I also did not see any deer rubs.

There is an upcoming hunt in 12B starting Oct 24 and last year had a 37% success rate.

My question is where are the deer? I know deer winter here but I would think I would have seen at least a couple of does or a few deer tracks.

Is anyone familiar with this unit that can offer some advice on the late season (11/21-11/30) deer hunt. What areas would you recommend? I plan to scout the area again early November so any advice would be helpful.

Hi Jesse,
I sent you an email, so you might want to take a look
at it, etc.
Thanks,
Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom