Unit 130 Pinedale camping suggestions

ToddT

I received a bit of info on the deer tag my wife and I drew for the limited unit 130 mule deer hunt - any extra input is always appreciated, so if you have info on hunting that would be great.

However my primary need at this time is info on where is the best place to camp and get supplies.

I did speak to the biologist who suggested that glassing was one of the best methods of hunting - any thoughts on this?

Lastly, I can hunt the whole season, but my wife can only hunt 5-7 days, so when would you suggest that she comes out. Everyone agrees for the best chance at the best bucks we need to be there the last five days of the season, but I would like to be whitetail hunting the last few days of October - if possible, but you gotta do what you gotta do. So, I would prefer to have her hunt the first week of the hunt, so when I tagged out I could come on home. With that said, she would be extremely happy with a 160-170 buck, so, should we still stick to the last of the season, or is this the kind of buck that can be found the entire season? Thanks for any info offered on any of the above questions.

Pinedale is the best place for supplies, go south turn at Boulder follow the road till you hit buckskin crossing, there are plenty of camping spots after that, hunt the prospects and the area around there, glassing is good, your wife and you can get a buck most anyday near the last of the season, but don't expect to see 160 to 170 inchers running around all over, what your gonna see are mostly small bucks.

+1,Piper.Hunted it several years ago,and didn't see a good buck til Oct.30.Of course,weather could change all that in a hurry...

Toddt- Almost all the deer in that area move in from elsewhere, thats why later is better. Most all the bigger bucks come after your season is closed.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom