Unit 14 archery elk

L

longhunter

Going to try 14 in mid September. Wondering if anyone would be willing to share some general information, mainly in the wilderness area. Thanks.

Thats anywhere in Colorado that you find elk.
Back a few years when I started archery elk hunting,unit 14 was the first place I hunted. Saw elk but never got a shot. It is definately elk country . Be ready for some rough/tough hunting. Get in as good shape as you can.

I've hunted up there a few years. Did a pack trip into the wilderness as well.

I had 2 buddies punch their tag after a long week with their bows.

You will be into the elk...question is whether you can get close enough to stick one.

Lots of country and you can get away from the crowds if you are willing to walk a little, or a lot :)

As someone else said, get into shape..lots of hills and big country.

You might consider setting up a main camp, then bivying it to stay lite and get closer to the elk in the wilderness.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. It sounds like to keep from spending so much time walking in and out, a base camp and bivying in would be the way to go. Can't wait. Just hope they're doing some bugling when we get there.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom