Unit 15 Deer

505Hunter

Hey guys, lucky enough to draw for a unit 15 deer tag, hunted this area once before and saw every animal that we couldn't shoot. Anyone have any spots or hunt this area regularly? Were going around halloween on a muzzle loader. Just went up there scouting near quemado lake and saw bunch of elk on private, but did not see much deer activity. Any help?

That unit's deer herd has taken a major dump in the last 15 years or so. I used to see great bucks all the time while bowhunting elk in the 90's. I have yet to see a buck I would look twice at since about 2005. If I had a tag I would hunt the north end on State land near the large private ranches.

Good luck.

was on a elk hunt last year and saw a total of 7 bucks on the hunt from the lake to slaughter

come on paul. all i said was I think I might get a monster in 15 on the same hunt so Im not gonna be able to help him as i don't wanna give up any of my spots so he will have to wait for the field photos and maybe draw conclusions from there.

are you seriously nuking my responses for that? You forget that I know where you live and that my moobs are bigger than yours. don't make me come flip your burgers!

I'm also hunting 15 for deer but with bow. I also have the first bow elk in that unit. Stinky, cmon bro PM me with one of your honey holes.

I know where stinky is planning on pulling out this monster buck he speaks of. I believe they pulled out a 212" last year or the year before. The deer are few and far between in 15 nowadays but there are some big ones still roaming the hills. I have pulled out two bucks in the 170's from 15 over the years. PM me if you want some info

I sent you a pm, let me know if you got it. When we went scouting we went around from the lake all the way up to slaughter and didn't see much at all. Doesn't help all of the watering holes are empty. Has anyone hunted Demetrios creek?

NMBOWHUNTER that buck scored 228", and the one thats gonna hit the dirt is bigger than that one.

Stinky is that another alter ego of yours....
If it is you might want to get that checked out by a professional. That buck is quite impressive and I bet there are some bigger ones on that spread of property. 505 hunter I'm gettin ready for my elk hunt bugging out tomorrow but pm me your email and when I get back will send you a map and info.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom