Unit 15 Muzzy Elk Success

tesmitty

We just returned home from a great hunt shared with some great hunting partners. I couldn't wait to post the pictures of our bulls. The pictures mean little without the story, but we'll fill that in later. We owe a ton of thanks to the many people that helped with information about the unit. I also owe a ton of thanks to my hunting buddy that allowed me to participate in our adventure by adding me to his application. Thanks Bull aka "The Bone Collector", this guy is one of the best! He is one of the most unselfish people I know and one of the greatest hunters I've had the pleasure to call my friend. Congrats on your 350 bull you deserve it!

4ae06881457bad7b.jpg

Sat Am
4ae068bc46fa4127.jpg

Meat in the truck
4ae068eb48158bcb.jpg

The Bone Collector Sun Am
4ae0692b49750ddc.jpg

Biggs Mon AM
4ae069664a927d7c.jpg

The Boys
4ae069954b5b76d1.jpg

Truckload of bones
4ae069de4d6b345c.jpg

Bull camp

A huge thanks to this group of guys that helped me with unit 15; stinkystomper, Ichiguide, crazyaboutcoues, ScottNM, runninlopes8, and the nicest game officer in the woods; Mischa Larisch. Thanks for the help in making our hunting trip a success!

We were very lucky to have the bulls still bugling all morning long and no moon for our hunt. Thanks guys for the positive responses.

Thanks Smitty, I had an awesome hunt. I owe my success to you guys for scouting up these bulls. Smitty and our other hunting partner Doug scouted daylight to dark for 5 days before the hunt. They were also nice enough to pick me up from the airport in Albuquerque and haul all my gear to camp. So, back at ya for having a great hunting partner. It took along time to draw this tag and I'm glad we were able to make the most of it. Hopefully we didn't use up all our luck and we can do this again sometime.

TBC

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom