Unit 17 youth hunt

1Bigbull

My nephew drew the youth muzzleloader hunt in 17 and I was wondering if anyone had any input to share. We are looking at staying in Magdalena but could bring a pop up camper if that would be a better idea. If anyone has any advice or insight I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
1Bigbull

We hunted 13 out of magdalena last year and talked with the guide alot about 17.We looked at 17 and all I can say is boy is it rough and steep country.Unless you have alot of elk hunting behind you I would say look for a good guide.All he said was great unit to glass to find them but getting to them is some hard work.We did try for unit 17 but drew 13 youth tag.Guide we have this year likes 17 but said very hard unit to hunt because of how rough it is.Good luck and hope your newphew gets lucky.

Hunted 17 the first year for youth with one of my boys and have been along on a archery hunt there. Be prepared to be mobile and move. Only problem with staying in town is all the time your going to spend driving back and forth. We stayed in a tent and moved around quite a bit.You should have a great time as the memories we have will be with us forever.

My youngest drew a 13 tag this year and Im just starting the research.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom