Unit 17

Don_K

Wondering if anyones been out in 17 lately? My 13 year old son drew a unit 17 Muzzy tag for the new youth hunt. Just wondering if the bulls are fired up and how things are looking there. Wont be long and we will be out there having a great time.

Thanks

Don
[email protected]

Hey DON_K I sent you a PM the other day...did you get it? Anyway congrats on the youth hunt draw. I went scouting the Unit last week and it was looking good with laots of water the elk were not that vocal just in the early morning....talked with a bow hunter that had a nice bull down (320ish) but he said he was not having that much rut activity either. Lots of deer the area we were scouting.

Check your PMs!

lionking

Lionking,

Thanks for the heads up. Didnt even notice the PM!!!

Will give you a shout here right away.

Thanks

Don

My daughter drew a elk tag in 17. I have never hunted this unit before. Any general information anyone is willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

nmmuley , what hunt did she draw? Thats a jam up elk unit !I heard a guy from Socorro shot a massive bull during the second archery hunt and they had a few others picked out.17 IS AWESOME!

Hey NUTT!

Any new info on 17? How big was the bull that you are talking about...love to see some pics. I tried calling you at work left a message....give a call.

lionking

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom