unit 19a

J

jagaines

Hi, been a while since I have posted anything. Anyhow I drew an archery tag for unit 19a AZ. I am looking for a starting point. To make a long story short before you ask why I put in for such a unit that I don't know with such small elk population. I was drawn last year for a cow tag in unit 6a and I had quite success calling bulls in. I figured there was know way I would get drawn again for a good unit to hunt bulls. So I put in some less desirable units just to give it a shot and I got drawn. I am not complaining by no means. But I figured this unit bordered some good elk units so what the heck. Anyhow I have hunted deer in the mingus mountain area and it seems to me that there could be a few bulls up there to call in. The unit report says they are low in this unit around the verde and down in canyons. It seems wierd that they would venture down that low while it is still warm. Any suggestions??????
Jason

I absolutely love this unit and know it very well. It's a brushy MOFO but scout scout scout. Lots of elk to be seen but getting to them can be a big problem. It had a decent fire last year but it missed the places that coulda used a good torchin.

Josh Epperson

Is that all.... One reply. C'mon guys can't you help a brother out. Thanks for your reply Josh!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom