Unit 2 Deer

tracker12

Very Active Member
What is the thoughts on Unit 2 for deer. Last year while on my elk hunt I saw a few very nice deer. Not a lot but a few dandy's. I have enough NR PP to probably draw the Muzzy and am giving it some serious thought.

Watch the weather up until the deadline and have a back up plan if the weather turns to crap. If you have spent time in 2 as a NR and have seen some dandies then you already have a leg up. Not sure what season you were in unit 2 though last year so you may want to consider the deer behavior at this time. 2 can produce some great deer but as the season changes so do the deer behavior. Good luck.

"From my cold dead hands."

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I had the NR muzzy deer tag in 2011. Because of the low deer densities scouting is critical. Due to another hunt I was unable to scout as I had planned. I saw a lot of good bucks, but I never found a great one.

I also have enough pp for the muzzy tag but did not see many deer when I was there with my dad in 2011. I like the fact that the terrain is mild and a guide is not needed but I can see how you could still strike out easily.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom