Unit 2 Deer

63Badger

I want to say thank you for those that have shared there thoughts on hunting for Mule Deer in Unit 2. I appreciate all of the knowledge that has been given to me for this hunt.

In July I made the trek from Wisconsin to Unit 2 to scout and got a good feel for some of the areas that I would like to start out hunting in. At that time I did not see alot of bigger deer but really wasn't expecting to because of the heat and time of year. It had been wet and water was prevalent through out the areas that I was in.

One of the questions that I have is for anyone that has been in the Unit (Particularly the south end) lately. Is it still wet or has it dried up some?

For anyone that has hunted the Unit for Elk, Deer or Antelope this year I would love to hear what your experience was (particularly deer).

For any hunters hunting later please feel free to reach out to me and I will share everything that I have learned about the unit during my hunt.

For those that have the 19th through the 27th season I am planning to camp on the northern end of the Boulevard and welcome you to stop by and share experiences.

Wishing all of you a hunting season that leaves you smiling regardless if the freezer is full or not!

63Badger

I hunted elk this year during bow season. The deer that I did see were few and far between but I did see them way up north regularly. Do you use onX mapping on your phone. If so I can send you some locations that I would concentrate on. If u get away from the Douglas mt crowd and hit the sage flats just south of Powder Wash u should do better.
I was not looking for deer but I did see a few 170? types. I did see one that was in the 190 class drop into a sage cut up by a water hole in the area.
Surprisingly there is more water on public up north than in the south.
Shoot me a PM and I will try to help u out.

Thank you Willihull. I don't have OnX on my phone but have the GPS with a chip in it. I will check it and my maps that I had with me in July when I scouted Unit 2 this evening and shoot you a p.m. I appreciate the help and would love to hear how your Elk hunt went.

63Badger

I had the archery deer tag in unit 2 last year and spent 17 days in the unit scouting and hunting. I was expecting a low number of deer but was surprised by the near absence of quality bucks. The wild horses in the unit are ridiculously high and annoying. PM me if you want to chat in more detail.

Great story otcbowhunter. Congratulations on a beautiful buck!

I am anxious to be heading to Colorado on Wednesday and looking forward to seeing what I can locate and time away. I have been very fortunate to get some great information on the unit. Hoping for good weather.

Happy hunting and good luck to all!!

Badger PM sent. Pics of area I was talking about.
28283img20190911174615.jpg

58526img20190911175650.jpg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom