Unit 2 Elk

Amiehunt

Lots of rain in unit 2 today. Supposed to be rainy through Friday. Any insight on how the elk hunts may be? I wish I had a tag I love hunting in 2!

I've been in that area with little rain and all i can say is SOB better have taken tire chains, winches and extra gas because im sure they are needing it. As hot as it has been, if it was me with the tag i would be hunting the higher country towards the state line or the southern part of the unit towards Gas Boggy.

I have seen some giant bulls in there!! But it is a mess for sure. But a 380-400 bull is worth it right?

I have seen some big bulls in that unit in years pass don't get me wrong, but mostly while scouting for the deer in early October and after the lions in Dec with about a foot of snow on the ground. I have only seen few elk for the deer hunts in mid-late October and that was in the Gas Boggy area and very close to the Jic fence line. Makes me wonder where they go, my guess is they head towards Jic or down in some deep canyons where they lock the gates for the deer hunts. I do know that I have seen lots of elk and some big bulls off the highways in the Jic headed towards Dulce for those late deer hunts. Hope we can see what is in that unit this year. Post Pictures if you have.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom