Unit 20 elk late (jan.)

L

Longbeard11

Hello everyone
Just registered here and was looking for alittle help. I drew a late season elk tag in unit 20. I know nothing about the unit so I need some advice. Basics pretty much. What would be the closest town to stay at? I would like to try to find a cabin on vrbo if any are known of. Also where I should begin to look. I am not looking for anyone's honey hole just a beginning spot. I appreciate any advice. I am from California and have tags in nevada and montana so a scouting trip for me is out of the question. Once again thanks for any advice. Zach

CWO has a great business in your unit. Have hunted with them twice and took my two largest bulls. Scott Limmer is a great guy and if you are in shape, you should do well on this hunt. Good Luck

Thanks
I was not looking for a guided hunt. I looked on line for his website and nothing came up. Do you know if he does trespass fee hunts or are they soley guided?
Once again thanks for the info. Zach

I found a Cabin on vrbo that backs up to the Roosevelt. We are Planning on starting there. If anyone has any other startIng points I would appreciate it. Also I forgot to mention on my first post that I have a bull tag but my main goal is my 14 year old daughter has a cow tag. If anyone has info on where the cows are at that time of year would be great. Thanks Zach

I took a cow a few years back in January in the unit. Really need a lot of snow to bring them down from the park. Shoot me a PM if you want some more detailed information.

I have a similar tag this year and could probably give you a few areas to check out, however; I'll be hunting too. I'm still out scouting trying to figure out my plan if there is no snow, or a lot of snow.

If you're coming from out of state you also might check with Estes Park Outfitters.

I'll second Estes Park Outfitters. I talked with the owner a few times and was gonna work for him but stuff fell through on my end. He is a great guy and kills some amazing bulls. Has a neat way of packing camps also.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom