Unit 20 ?

S

southmountain

Im really looking at options for myself buddys and my kiddos so can somebody tell me about Krozer mountain for deer ? Terrain deer numbers? Would appreciate it.

I've hunted in and around Crosier for 25 years. The 4th season hunt can be pretty good for deer if you are willing to hike way back in to the old burn areas. Deer numbers aren't even close to what they used to be. There are usually a lot of guys the first couple days...then everyone becomes soft and the hunting gets better. Crosier has some good deer habitat. Another good area to look is down the canyon toward Loveland on the south side of 34...some private but some big deer as well.

Thanks for the reply. Forth season huh? I was a little concerned about hunting pressure there but like most places softies leave early and leave the back country alone? How far back can you get ?
Again thanks for the reply.

Finding bucks up there can difficult. I second the previous post, not many deer up there. You can walk from pavement to pavement in a few hours if your really humping, so if you looking for a wilderness hunt this one is not it.

I had a Jan elk tag last on spent a little time on crosier without seeing a deer and very few tracks where I was at. GAry

I have heard that was a good area for deer . How was the elk hunt late
?

Crosier does not have many deer. I have hunted it for many years now (elk) and only see a smattering. The lower you go the better. The Carter lake area is awesome for deer. You have to find the public land but it is good. My taxidermist has had 6 or 7 deer from that area in the last few years and they are monsters.

I hunted that unit hard a few years ago and only saw a few small bucks. I will not be going back there, there are a LOT BETTER left over tags to be had. Just my two cents.

CABugle

The late hunt was good although I blew my chance at a good bull. I had several chances at little bulls and passed them up hoping for the big one. Id do it again though if I ever get a few points saved again.
The deer on crosier werent worth hunting in my opinion. I would be hunting alot lower in elevation if it were me.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom