Unit 20

silverstem

I was thinking about hunting close to home this year and burned all of my peference points last year and was wondering about unit 20?we were looking on maps and was looking around storm mountain and the devils backbone?we were thinking the 2nd season,and wanted some imput...what do you guies think??

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-11 AT 07:03PM (MST)[p]I'm assuming you are talking deer as elk will take you a few points. One of the areas you mentioned, Devils Backbone, is 100% private save for some county open space, which doesn't allow hunting. This area is nearly residential and it's not likely you would find a place to hunt there. Deer numbers are fairly low on National Forest, which includes Storm Mtn. If you saw one branch antlered buck during the season, you would be doing well. A winter a few years ago (2007-2008) took a few deer. Deer densities are highest on the best land, which is the foothill country and mostly private. Get permission in that country to hunt and I would hit the grave with the phone number in my underware. Most folks around there won't have any of it. 2nd season is generally warm, at least in the 60's daytime temps, if not the 70's. Overall, it a tough hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom