Unit 21 deer

L

longshot349

OK , I finally drew unit 21 2nd season rifle. The last time I ask for any info on here , I was blasted for even asking. Some said I hadn't paid my dues on the site...Whatever that means.

Anyway if anyone would volunteer any honest info , it would be greatly appeciated. I dont really see why someone would not be willing to help out becasue it is probably a once in a lifetime hunt for me. I doubt I ever accumulate the points to go back again. Please tell the good/bad/and ugly.

You can post on here or PM me if you would rather. Thanks to those willing to help.

i can help you out.i killed a 187 net in 2007. have hunted both deer and elk there. 3035885638.Dale

I can tell you that it is an area that used to take a couple of points to draw, but since someone published that it was a good one, it now takes 7-8 points to draw. I have hunted 21 & 22, but have not been able to hunt 21 for 7 years now, can't believe I didn't draw with 7 pts, I sure hope the 8pts I have going in next year is enough. Can't even draw 22 as a second choice like we used to, what a joke.
I can also tell you that if you can't find a Deer in 21 without someone doing your scouting for you, tough luck. If you don't see anything in 9 days of hunting for 2nd season, you aren't looking hard enough.
I hope that was of some help.

Its not a matter of just finding a deer. With the amount of points it takes to draw that unit it is the equivilant of spending $5500 on a voucher. So this guy isn't just there to shoot a deer he is there to make the most of his tag and hopefully kill a trophy. Im sure he can find a deer and in that unit he has a good chance at finding a great trophy.
Congrats on the tag and hopefully you will have some cooler weather than last year. PM me if you still need some help.
JC
Colorado Hunting Consultants LLC
www.cohunthelp.com

Very well said jcmuley.. You hit the nail on the head!!!

Elkmeat...I will give you a call as soon as I have a chance.. Thank you very much.

GOOD Post jcmuley!

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Litch,
The primary reason that you can't draw 22 as a second choice is because the tags were cut severly for winter kill. 22 isn't a well publicized unit like 21.

On another note, I do expect the points needed to draw 21 to go up drastically considering the publicity and the decline of the Gunnison Basin units. Many of those high point applicants that were holding out for late season Gunnison Basin hunts will likely now try for 21.

I had 9 resident points for the draw this year and thought sure I would get 3rd rifle but NO. It now takes 10. Also on unit 22 my 12 year old son drew it last year on a second choice with no points and this year DIDN"T draw it on a 1st choice youth tag with 1 point,WTF? (3rd rifle)

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom