Unit 21 Second Season

G

GodCountryMulies

I have 5 PP for deer and am thinking about applying for Unit 21. Only have enough points for 2nd season. I've heard its hit or miss and that 3rd and 4th hold better numbers. I hear the Rangely area is the place to be. I don't know the area at all but have a buddy that will be hunting close by in 22 the same season who knows some of 21. Any and all advice would be helpful and appreciated. I'm not lookin for honey holes or anything like that but any info on where it gets crowded and what the population looks like in 2nd season would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

i have hunted the unit for many years.you can call me and i will help you.Dale 303-588-5638

Second season is an absolute mad house with all the hunters and road hunters and not just on the dragon but all over the place.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Haha thanks. Im gonna be hunting the southeastern part of the unit but if the deer aren't in there I might head north

Do most of them stick to the road? Cause I aint scared to put some miles on my boots. I packed a small 3x4 outta a hell hole last year

Expect lots of road hunters, elk hunters, and not many big muleys.

GrizlyHunter

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-13 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p]
GrizHunter
Did you even get out of your truck or side by side to shoot your bucks? most people would be real happy with the quality of bucks you shot espically comeing back from takeing a shower!!!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom