Unit 21

virgil125

I currently have 7 points for deer. Last year while elk hunting we talked to a game warden and he said to look at area 21 for deer. We elk hunt about an hour away and made a quick trip to Rangely during the first elk season. We are going to be out there again for the first elk season this year. We are hoping to have a few days to do some scouting and was wondering if anyone could give some pointers and any advise on the area. I would like to try and gain as much knowledge of the area as I can before I get there so I can use my time wisely while I am there as I live 1700 miles away scouting trips are out of the question. Thanks

Virgil , I drew deer there this year. Contact me at the end of season and I'll help you out with details.

I did not draw 2nd season 21 this year with 7pts. Some did draw with 7, but 8 was the magic number for a sure thing.

I know that it is not a guarantee with 7 points. Im not sure if I will apply for the license yet next year or just get another point and hope to get a few more days getting the know the area next year. I sure hate to waste the tag because of being unprepaired.

Jason Carter took a nice buck(over 200" if I remember right)off Texas Mountain on the last morning of the 3rd rifle season last year in 21.

I thought the Carters hunted that private ground south of Tommy's Draw?

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Drew third season with 11 points--be happy to share info and pics when I tag out this year....

I DREW 3RD SEASON THIS YEAR. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY INFO ON WHERE TO START. MY WIFE AND I WILL HAVE 2 DAYS TO SCOUT PRIOR TO THE SEASON OPENER. WE LIVE 6 HOURS FROM RANGLEY. ANY ONE HAVING PICTURES ALSO WOULD BE APPRICIATED. THANKS-

Any news out of Unit 21 so far this year. Has anyone heard from the archery hunters yet??

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom