Unit 22 Late Rifle Deer

I drew a unit 22 late deer tag and plan to do a lot of scouting over the next couple months. Any suggestions on where to go? I hear glassing is the way to go.

December 21st start date???? IMO I wouldn't scout until December unless you are just trying to look for roads.

I don't know 022 but if it's like 015 or 021, getting around in December can be a problem.

If you're talking about 221,222 late, disregard the above. And enjoy a great hunt. OBTW, you drew my tag!!!!!!!

did You draw a N.R. tag ? As I see you reside in "Sin City",now --- Lots of country to look at for Your Nov. "OPENER",with wilderness areas in hunt areas.Plenty of time to decide,WHERE.Get your maps and start traveling/looking.Myself I like looking where QUADS can't ??? A few years back this was best hunt area in the state,still a great tag,with effort on Your end,Good Luck --- Bruce & SilverGrand

You could do zero scouting for that hunt, drive out there, ride around on a road, and kill a serious buck. You are extremely lucky to draw that tag.

))))--------------->
Bowhunting

Follow my blog at: nvbowhunting.blogspot.com

Hunted that with Dad's PIW tag a few years ago and saw a couple of PIGS!

The hunt gets better and better the last 5 days, well it did for us.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I have been told by multiple people that they start rutting the last 5 days. Good for seeing lots of bucks but it makes tracking a specific buck difficult.

I would agree but it seemed the groups of does we were seeing earlier were in the same area up to the last day and a couple of bucks we were after were also.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I hunted the muzzy elk hunt in "09" with 10/20-11/02 dates. I started seeing more and more good bucks every day after about 10/28. But I did stumble onto a pig scouting while early rifle was open. BUT I didn't see any good ones from a road, unless it was hours after dark.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Had the tag in '09.Hunted the entire season.I can tell you that you will see few deer in their summer areas in late Oct.90% head south towards Pioche.The southern portion of 22 is where you will need to learn the roads.I passed a 190+ 5x7 on the 3rd morning.He was trailing does.Missed a 190 class typical on the 7th day.Had a chance at him the evening before and couldn't get a shot.Lots and lots of decent bucks;just need to weed through the smaller ones.I wanted 200+,that's why I passed the 5x7(dumba$$).GREAT hunt!Congrats on the tag.Oh yeah,those two big boys were spotted from the truck while we were on our way to another spot.This was all during a full moon cycle with bluebird weather.Awesome hunt.

I've been putting a lot of thought towards the type of deer I want to shoot. I don't know that I would pass on a 190 5x7 even on the first day. At the moment, I don't want to shoot anything smaller than a 180 until the last day.

Believe me,the memory of that buck will stay with me forever!!If I had it to do over again,I would probably kill that deer.However,When I drew the tag,I figured it might be a great chance at a 200"+,so that is what I set my sights on.I stuck to my guns until it became apparent to me that it may not happen.The 190 5x7 was a very narrow buck,only about 25" outside spread with the cheaters.On the 3rd morning of the hunt,and we had really just begun to figure out where the deer were.He was the first buck we saw that morning.

I spent the weekend driving roads near Pioche and you are correct, no deer. I did see over 50 elk. One of them looks like he's going to be a respectable bull. I hope the areas I plan to focus on during the hunt have deer by November. Saw a lot of old deer sign.

Without giving away any more info online,I'll just say this:It'll be different during your hunt.Also,there are some resident deer in the area as well.Good luck on your hunt.You will get a nice deer.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom