Unit 23 Coues

U

Utah

I have drawn a Unit 23 Coues Deer tag for December and was looking for advice on areas to hunt. I have a good map of the area but have never been in the unit. My contacts in AZ may be too busy to help me so it may be a DIY. I'd also like to hunt quail while I'm there.

wow your a brave man, wearing a name like UTAH and asking Arizonans where to hunt on a very coveted december couse hunt. well i dont know unit 23 much at all but get on the coueswhittail.com web site. it is full of all the Arizona coues deer freaks that know where all the big ones are at. But you might want to change your screen name hahaha jk good luck.

I thought all Arizonans embraced their brothers from Utah?!! I can't draw anything here in Utah but got lucky this year on antelope and coues in AZ. Thanks for the tip on coueswhitetail.com. I've been there, looked around and posted the same question and have gotten a few responses.I just want to know what I'm looking at in terms of deer numbers, quality etc.

I have a nephew that has this tag too so I can't really give you any real spots to go. However I can tell you my group of friends and I believe this is the best trophy coues area in the state. I have seen a lot of great coues dragged out of this unit. Numbers wise there are not as many deer as the southern units. But you shouldn't have any problems finding deer. Glass, glass, and when that doesn't work glass some more. I have been hearing from people that there are some deer acting like they are wanting to rut. If it only improves then come the season the hunt will be a blast. I am going to be scouting down there tomorrow through Wed. so if you want when I get back I can give you some general info on how things are looking. Congrats on the tag. I wish I had it.

Here is a pic of a coues my brother killed in 23 this past August. 124 6/8"

Brian

100_0352.jpg

Thanks standman, that's a beautiful buck your brother killed! I'm looking forward to your report on the unit. I've been a tag- along on a couple of Coues hunts in the past and I was excited to draw this tag too and be able to hunt one of these gorgeous animals.

Utah,
How many points did you have to draw this tag? I am up to 6 and wanted to know if this gets me into the max group for this unit.
Thanks

Thanks Utah,
With 6 points I don't have a chance to draw a good Mule deer hunt as a non resident so I have been thinking about a good Coues hunt. Look forward to seeing how you do.

Colcord Mountain area just north of the Hells Canyon area there were some pigs in there when I lived there.

It's Wayne from Utah and yes I did indeed whack a monster coues. I hooked up with Ty Goodman, who really knows what he's doing and got a 124 gross 6 x 6 with two inline cheaters on both main beams. I'll post some photos later after I get unpacked. Can't say enough about Ty.

I talked to Ty and Tyler later that night and heard about the success. Way to go on a monster buck!

Would love to see the pictures.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Sorry folks, I'm having trouble uploading my photos. In the meantime visit coueswhitetail.com, discussion forums, hunting in Arizona, first coues buck at 124 for a post from Tyler Goodman.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom