Unit 23 elk

huntindad4

Very Active Member
Some good friends of mine drew this tag and I was hoping to get them some help.

They have hunted many units Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho ,Utah, Oregon and Nevada and do very well. They would be willing to point someone in the right direction on the hunts they have knowledge of for info on this hunt.

They are not members but have gotten help through me here for a CO elk hunt so they asked for my help.

Some things came up so they won't be able to make it over to scout.

Pikemasterflex from CO was who helped them and I am sure he will vouch for the fact they hunt hard and don't expect any gifts and are willing to help you out.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

Well, thanks for nothin'!

Haha. Just kidding. I get it. Those that know much about the unit and like it won't have much to say and those that know much and don't like it don't wanna get on here and put it down.

They will hunt it, they usually do well, so they will enjoy it either way.

I did receive some help on PM and in the elk section, thanks again to those guys.

Hope all that drew tags have a great hunt.

Bill

Since no one has chimmed in I can offer some info....it could be a mad-house on opening day! Be ready for company. The elk will likely get pushed onto a sizeable private ranch in the middle of the unit. The elk pretty much know where they are safe on private.

I don't know that area, but in most high pressure areas, hunting the end of the season can be more productive.

>I don't know that area, but
>in most high pressure areas,
>hunting the end of the
>season can be more productive.
>

Currently area 23 has a split season. I would hunt the second MONTH of the rifle season if I had the tag.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I will pass it along.

I talked to one of the guys yesterday and he told me they were talking with a rancher that let's them deer hunt his land and he lives about an hour from the unit and used to own property there and is going to talk to the current owner about access. Not sure how much land it is but it may turn out great for them.

Bill

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom