unit 231 mositure??

Normal year,as in Yes it is dry in Nv.Monsoons will come soon and hopefully wet things down some ... but for tops on elk,now is when it counts.Did you draw a 1st or 2nd. bull elk hunt in 231 ??? myself and party drew the 231 Muz deer hunt in mid Sept.should get a good look during this time.Good Luck on Your hunt.Unit 231 is a game rich hunt unit,

Bruce & SilverGrand

early elk. I will keep an eye on the weather from now on in that area. Good luck on the deer, any 231 tag is great. What class of bull would you consider a shooter in that unit? I spent alittle time across the road (222) glassing elk a couple of years ago and was very impressed.

for the ALW bull elk hunt,You have the BEST hunt dates ... the unit is a Trophy area,but hunt dates do not make it a Trophy Hunt,big difference ??? Still "OPPS" may be there,a clean unbroken 6X6 in the 300 class would be a great bull for YOUR hunt.Time and Effort,that few have,will make this a hunt to rember ... Good Luck in Nov. Bruce & SilverGrand

need some moisture NOW !!! as I understand some 6 K acres on on fire on East side of Whiterock Mtn. from recent lightning strike ... anybody seen what is happened.All I know if so,I will be looking into areas that burnt,because by Sept. muz deer opener this area will be ready to hunt some great bucks ... Bruce & SilverGrand

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-12 AT 06:49PM (MST)[p]DBONEHUNTR ,How far from the Hermatage was the fire.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-12 AT 06:51PM (MST)[p]Was it on the back side of R.C.Summitt?

quite a ways from hermitage, it burnt south of the reed cabin summit burn from years ago, started in one of the chainings in spring valley (camp valley) and burnt to the reed cabin burn and didnt have enough steam to push north thru that old burn, but did push over the top to the east and into utahs hamlin valley a little ways.

I know it has been hot and dry. From 2500 miles away it looks like there has been alittle rain lately? How does the area look?
Being a easterner where it rains a couple of times a week it seems like it must be a bad year in the Pioche area.

the "Monsoon Season" is just beginning and the rains should come before the lightning storms do,hopefully ??? We can only hope for some rain as this year is below normal on rain so far.A few good rains can change this,in a hurry.As for helping on the antlers,IT IS WHAT IT IS,to late now.Plenty of mature "Bucks & Bulls" in unit 23.Good Luck to All tag holders in this game rich unit ... Bruce & SilverGrand

Yes,looks good but very,very DRY !!! Keep the fires away and ALL hunts should be good as always.Have been in units 11 & 13 and will visit again as soon as Muz deer hunt is over in 23.Will wait till weather cools to visit units 26 & 27 for the Late deer hunts there.You look to be busy with deer.antelope and elk scouting Yourself.Good Luck with Hunt-en in 2012 ... Bruce & SilverGrand

average year ... but as always,average in unit 23 is still better than the units to the West and North ? Will get a good look soon,as up 1st is a archery cow elk hunt in 231, Aug. 1st... Bruce & SilverGrand

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom