unit 27 info. pleeeaassee

monroebnd

I posted a couple of months ago and got some great insight. we are first time bear hunters. I took some of your tips and the bioigists and we headed out early in the season to the boise area. I lucked into seeing one bear and closed in on him and after some embarrassing misses got the bear. he was 5 foot and really rubbed bad. Long story short I was going to go out with the other guy that did not fill his tag and i hate not having a tag and gun, so we are thinking of going into a two bear area so i can buy another tag. Unit 27 is the closest and I was just wondering if the bears are plentiful or would you suggest another area. The biggest goal would be to get my brother in law a bear since he helped me pack mine out til 2am, so if it means going to a full price area and not getting me another tag i am willing to do that. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks, Layne

not for sissys huh? How far would you have to pack in? In early spring we talked about flying in but was told it was too snowy. do you know the conditions now? Thanks for the response.
Layne

Call Arnold Aviation in Cascade. They can give you the best info on the weather conditions - I would suspect they're OK at this point.

I've never hunted around the edges so I can't comment on that. It would be a 20 miles or so to hike to the river area. Flying would be your best option.

Thanks for the pointers. I am not sure what we will do. I may just go with my bro in law back to the boise area nd not have atag in my hand. I really wanted to be packing to so that is why we were thinking of a two bear area. We live in the Temonton area and 27 was the closest considering we are only going for a couple of days. Thanks for your help. ASnyone know if the bears are very active in 39 where we hunted in early spring? Later layne

Hey I was wondering if you were going to hunt this year. I am from Honeyville and have been looking for a good place to hunt bear in Idaho. I was thinking unit 39 or 43. However I am open to suggestions. I want to spot and stalk and am planning on staying in a trailer. What time of year did you go? I have the first week of may off and am wondering if that is a good time to go. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom