Unit 27 Late Mule Deer

NMPaul

My wife is considering burning her points to transfer this tag to our son. He would be able to hunt it during Christmas Break since he will be out of school and a short break from basketball.
Any insight on this unit would be appreciated. We have not made the decision yet to do it.
Wife has 14 deer points, but, would rather give my son the hunt than go herself when she eventually may be able to hunt 12AW late, or 12B.
Appreciate any thoughts or experience of this hunt. PM me if you prefer. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON May-16-15 AT 00:13AM (MST)[p]NMPaul,

27 is probably the best of all the new late hunts.

However, 14 points is pretty close to a 13A archery tag. If the dates work I would always take that hunt over the 27 hunt. No comparison in quality...

PM me if you desire.

Nice bucks in 27. Would be a fun hunt, but not as easy as the units north of the ditch. 14 points thats a lot of years toward the kabab strip and with the application numbers now, you will never again be in that same draw odds bracket. If your wife isn't into caring about the trophy hunts, then why not. Maybe look at 3a 3c as well there are some nice bucks coming out of there. Burnt timber outfitters usually really treats youth hunters well and they have pulled some good ones out of there.

>Nice bucks in 27. Would
>be a fun hunt, but
>not as easy as the
>units north of the ditch.
>14 points thats a lot
>of years toward the kabab
>strip and with the application
>numbers now, you will never
>again be in that same
>draw odds bracket. If
>your wife isn't into caring
>about the trophy hunts, then
>why not. Maybe look
>at 3a 3c as well
>there are some nice bucks
>coming out of there.
>Burnt timber outfitters usually really
>treats youth hunters well and
>they have pulled some good
>ones out of there.

Thanks Tooele, wanted to DIY, but, would consider a semi guided deal though.
Will 3A-3C have a Dec hunt this year for Mule deer? Christmas break would be our only chance for us to make it.

Sorry no 3 a 3c never has a december hunt, i didn't realize that was only time you could hunt.
You could draw the best coues deer hunt in the rut in december with that many points, ever consider that?

>Sorry no 3 a 3c never
>has a december hunt, i
>didn't realize that was only
>time you could hunt.
>You could draw the best coues
>deer hunt in the rut
>in december with that many
>points, ever consider that?

Yes, I would definetly consider the Coues hunt, but, Zach is more interested in MD. I will keep working on him since I am not sure we can give 27 the time it would need.

Let Your wife hunt. Send your son to School. I don't like the hand Me down tag as You can tell. Nothing personal its legal. Just takes more tags away from serious hunters and hands em to kids.......Bull!

>Let Your wife hunt. Send your
>son to School. I don't
>like the hand Me down
>tag as You can tell.
>Nothing personal its legal. Just
>takes more tags away from
>serious hunters and hands em
>to kids.......Bull!

My son is plenty serious about hunting, and more serious than 90% of adult hunters (maybe 95%).
The more a states G&F does for youth hunters the better. I would feel that way now or next year when I no longer have a youth hunter.

Sorry you are so bitter & whiny. There are plenty of opportunities for adult hunters, problem is most are two lazy and not serious enough to figure it out. I have never bought a new car in my life, but, we have all the hunts we can handle every year. Some people want to blame anything and anyone else because they dont want to put the effort into it.

>Let Your wife hunt. Send your
>son to School. I don't
>like the hand Me down
>tag as You can tell.
>Nothing personal its legal. Just
>takes more tags away from
>serious hunters and hands em
>to kids.......Bull!

My son is plenty serious about hunting, and more serious than 90% of adult hunters (maybe 95%).
The more a states G&F does for youth hunters the better. I would feel that way now or next year when I no longer have a youth hunter.

Sorry you are so bitter & whiny. There are plenty of opportunities for adult hunters, problem is most are two lazy and not serious enough to figure it out. I have never bought a new car in my life, but, we have all the hunts we can handle every year. Some people want to blame anything and anyone else because they dont want to put the effort into it.

Im with you on the youth tag transfer. I think it is a wonderful thing, especially with the point creep game, making it nearly impossible for kids to get a premium tag. I put my wife in every year in az hopeing she will draw so we can transfer the tag to one of the kids, before they are too old. Wish more states did it. My Kid is 14 and I think hunts as hard as many adults I see out in the field. He killed his first coues deer last year, after backpacking in for 3 miles for 3 days. He carries his own gun and pack. He has killed two mule deer 170 plus and a solid 300 bull elk, so I have to say kids can get it done, they work hard and appreciate it every bit as much as many adults.

I'M not bitter and whiny Paul, sounds like you are. I just don't like the families that put in 12 members and 10 don't even hunt. Sounds like You are a great family that does hunt. Sorry I offended You so Much. What does a a new car have to do with it too. I don't have them either. And I am like You a serious hunter that does his work. IL'L be 59 soon and I happen to feel they should have programs for seniors. We don't have to many years left to hunt. How bout some tags for guys over a certain age too. Good luck with your hunts and Didn't mean to offend You . I know You are one of the good guys on here. We all got different Opinions.......BULL!

LAST EDITED ON May-19-15 AT 02:29PM (MST)[p]>I'M not bitter and whiny Paul,
>sounds like you are. I
>just don't like the families
>that put in 12 members
>and 10 don't even hunt.
>Sounds like You are a
>great family that does hunt.
>Sorry I offended You so
>Much. What does a a
>new car have to do
>with it too. I don't
>have them either. And I
>am like You a serious
>hunter that does his work.
>IL'L be 59 soon and
>I happen to feel they
>should have programs for seniors.
>We don't have to many
>years left to hunt. How
>bout some tags for guys
>over a certain age too.
>Good luck with your hunts
>and Didn't mean to offend
>You . I know You
>are one of the good
>guys on here. We all
>got different Opinions.......BULL!

Thanks for the response. Once the rules are set up, I am going to play the game to win. That means that I am going to play the game so that my family has good hunts every year. It is not easy, but, it can be done. I dont feel regret or guilt for one second that my wife is able to transfer a tag to my son. My wife has killed some very nice animals, but, at 50 years old she is not that into it anymore and it makes her feel good to be able to transfer her tag to her boy.
She has been applying for 14 years. That is well over $2000 that AZ has collected from her applications. That is the game. I knew it when I started putting us in. I have 16 deer points myself and hope to hunt the strip some day.
My point on the new car, is that normally when someone starts talking about someone going on a great hunt and they are not, money always comes up. I have made my sacrifices because I have a passion for hunting.
For the record, I would not have a problem with a hunt for seniors or some type of advantage in the drawings. There is only so much resource, and the demand is always going up.

Hope She gets that tag Paul. I would love that one Myself. Probly just My jelousy showing in that post. I'm 2 points away. Il'L never wait for strip at my age . I wanna hunt. Hope the kid kills a good one......BULL!

We were in this unit the month of December last year. I would be happy to share with you my 2 cents.
Let's talk.(PM)
Thanks!!

Its going to be a very good year for antler growth in 27. These spring rains have greened things up. 27 can be some very very big country dropping down off the rim. The later in the hunt you can hunt, the better it will be. There are some very large mule deer in this unit and some very good bucks that come out during the rut.

You will have a few Dec Whitetail hunters during this time but the tag numbers overall are going to be very nice for having a huge unit to hunt with minimal pressure. I would definitely hunt this hunt if I could ever draw it. Good luck and hopefully your son can drill a monster.

Hi Everyone. I was lucky enough to draw unit 27 late hunt.... I'll be looking to head out sometime towards the later part of the month hoping to catch some rut activity.... I'd like to hear from anyone that has hunted this late hunt and what to expect quality wise.... What should I hold out for I guess is my main question??? Hope it's ok with NMPAUL to post under his thread?

Hi Everyone. I was lucky enough to draw unit 27 late hunt.... I'll be looking to head out sometime towards the later part of the month hoping to catch some rut activity.... I'd like to hear from anyone that has hunted this late hunt and what to expect quality and quantity wise????
I've searched the site for info and what I've come up with so far is its a rough and nasty terrain and deer tend to drop off the rim the later it gets when rut kicks in... Regardless going to be a fun hunt!! 1manshow

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom