Unit 27 Muzzle Loader

TheMetzger

I was fortunate enough to draw a unit 27 muzzle loader tag for mule deer. I have not been to the unit yet. Possibly have time to scout in early August.

Hey Metzger,

Mule deer are a much more straightforward hunt for this unit than coues (actually that’s pretty much always the case). The mule range in the lower elevation (draws and washes).

Be aware some have had camp issues with the people coming across the border; though I never have. There is usually a decent LEO (border patrol) presence. Ask for an officers card should you come across anything suspicious or issues. Then, follow this up by asking where they’ve seen animals lately ?, you never know. Recommend wearing snake gators.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom