Unit 29 deer?? September?

Im a local from NM..got some tags for September archery down in gmu 29 this year 4th choice. I've never hunted that far south. Just checking out the site btw hello to all! im just looking for extra info on this unit I know its scarce but any feedback will do. Just looking for some hot spots Info/locations? Thanks in advance btw good luck to my fellow hunters this year!

Big country. Looks desolate. Work the washes and draws. Dont ignore the flats. Pretty far from anything so you'll probably be camping.

Ya big country NMPaul I'll be sure to keep them flats in mind as well. Were always up for a challenge, especially new areas! But ya pretty far out there thats for sure sir..

Its hot dry country. There is a good amount of does, however last time I hunted there I never saw a buck, though I'll admit it was a new type of country for me. Otero county does a good job with the roads considering what they have to work with but you could still thrash a pickup a long way from home.

Gas at pinon store is expensive but at least they take credit card. The first and last hour of daylight is the best time to hunt so plan accordingly. Figure how much water you need and double it and don't hike yourself to death. That country will eat your boots and feet. Good Luck, I'll be out there first rifle.

Hunted 29 a bunch. Watch the NM side of the line just north of Dell City. Those crop circles hold deer at night. On Google Earth, there is a dirt road running E-W on the state line. Those deer cross that going north just after daylight and south around dark. There is a small draw running N-S into those crop circles. Find the higher ridge on the east side and watch that draw. Have killed a couple bucks in that area.
Holler if you want more info.

Hunted 29 a bunch. Watch the NM side of the line just north of Dell City. Those crop circles hold deer at night. On Google Earth, there is a dirt road running E-W on the state line. Those deer cross that going north just after daylight and south around dark. There is a small draw running N-S into those crop circles. Find the higher ridge on the east side and watch that draw. Have killed a couple bucks in that area.
Holler if you want more info.
Dibs! Sorry muley savage I snagged it before you!

I’ll keep y’all updated on how I do!

Maybe population 250. You can see the circles I am referencing under New.

3DCBCAE7-F02C-4348-9C30-53E21E12B146.png

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom