Unit 29 New Mexico Muzzleloader Antelope tag

D

darrell

Just found out I drew the 29 Muzz. Antelope tag in the southern part of the state and was wondering if anyone had hunted the unit and knew how trophy potential was shaping us this year. I know the unit is out in the boonies. Any advice or sugeestions appreciated.
Thanks, Darrell

Darrell congrats on a super tag ! I live for unit 52 muzzleloader hunts , but 29 is just as good if not better . Theres not as many down there (there is still ALOT!), but more trophy quality bucks come from there . You have drawn a very prime muzzle loader tag , 29 has some mammoth bucks , with some great luck you should best the 75 , but you gotta be willing to let the nice 15in. pass through . There is a guy down in Alamagordo , his name is Patrick Morrow , he's a heck of a good guy and can point you in the right direction , he knows 29 well .His wife is a taxidermist there , just call info to get thier number , her name is Shelly and I think its under her name , but none the less they are a great couple , again congrats ....NMhuntnutt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom