Unit 2A rifle

Obsession

I'm curious to hear about past experiences in this unit for mule deer. Pictures of bucks killed would be most preferable. I got lucky this year and drew a tag so I'm trying to get an idea of the caliber of bucks taken over the past few years. That way when I'm out in the field I'll have a pretty good idea of what size of deer to pass or not. My buddy has hunted this unit a few times over the years and has helped me out thus far. So I'm just trying to get more insight into the unit and the deer available. I thank you in advance for your posts and if you don't feel comfortable posting a picture for everyone to see, feel free to pm me.

It depends on which hunt you got. Later the better, however I have seen some nice resident deer there early in the season. I killed a 170" buck there about 7 years ago. I got him opening morning and my brother killed a small 6pt (his 1st buck) later that morning. He should have held out because we saw several nice bucks that year.

I drew the last rifle hunt this year in 2A so send me a PM and let's help each other out if you would like.

Whitlow33

Do you have pictures of the deer you guys killed? Thanks for the offer! That would be really cool. Are you planning any scouting trips?

Yeah, I don't know if I have it electronically but will scan it if I have to. Yeah, we are planning one or two scouting trips.

Found one. Like I said, my brother should have waited on the small one.

803image.jpg

That's a pretty nice deer. I'm guessing you saw the big boys after you killed your buck? Let me know when you plan a trip.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom