unit 2b?

R

RACKMASTER

hows it looking?
get any rain latly?
how the local bucks looking?
thanks jack

Newsflash:

All Unit 2B hunts have been cancelled do to dry conditions. Stay home there and don't waste your high dollar money on fuel.

Brian

From what I have heard that area of the state has been getting some pretty good rain. In fact a friend of mine was supposed to hit the San Juan for some fishing but cancelled due to muddy waters from rain. I was souting 2C for my Jan. hunt in early July. It was starting to dry out a bit but still looked very good. Saw some good antler growth at that time. Posted a picture of a good buck on mule deer forum in mid July.

2b will produce some real pisscutters this year. The amount of moisture they have reciecved since last summer is incredible!

BB,

You are right and most of it was in the form of late winter early spring, but it is staring to turn on again. I don't live up there but I think it is going to be a great year for hunting. I just hope Jan. for 2C isn't to late to catch a small part of the rut.

My arrows will be singing!!!!!

I cant wait! I'll be hunting the Nov 10 - 14th season. Hopefully the migration will be over with and some rut activity should occur.

I'll be up there too for the late hunt. I'm from that area and grew up at the govornador camp (my dad tought school there when I was a tyke) My dad says it got pretty dried out early summer, but the monsoons have caught them early and well. He's in the oilfield now and is in 2B all the time. He's mentioned seeing some good bucks including a real pig in the upper-middle central avenue portion along the G/Y border. If you can decifer that (you can work that riddle out), he's all yours- i've got a previous engagement somewhere's else. I posted some recent 2B bucks my family and I have taken in the past 4 years on "MY PET PEAVE" in the general forum if you guys want to get a feel for what to expect. It's 200 or bust for me this year (not the first time I said that and shot the first 175-190 I saw, but this time I MEAN IT!)

I don't know about you guys, but I can barely think about anything else but another 2B November.

Good Luck and See you boys in the hills.

timberlinebanner2.jpg

http://www.naweoa.org/mod.php?mod=userpage&page_id=15&menu=1500

Rain is hitting somewhere in unit 2 every day for the past three weeks.

Roads are starting to get rutted in some areas. There have been some real gully busters in some areas and roads have been impassable in areas for days until a blade fixes the road.

Be careful - bring tire chains. Do not cross arroyos when running.

OK just so all of us here know exactly what the conditions in unit 2b are, would you please indicate which of the three below you might be referring to when using the "pisscutter" synonym?

1. Pisscutter

Some thing particularly impressive. An exclamation.

Jeez, I had a pisscutter of a day, that mongrel growth finally dropped off!

2. Pisscutter

A small or insignificant thing or person.

To a Geo metro driver...

"your gonna die someday running around in that little pisscutter"

3. Pisscutter

A female pubic hair.

It would have been a straight stream had it not been for the matted pisscutters

Just trying to sort out whats goin on in the unit.

Shedcrazy

Shedcrazy, PISSCUTTER; in terms of monster muleys is an original redneck word describing antlers that are unbelieveably large, massive, wide, tall, protusions everywhere, popcorn bumps galore that will make you consider donating your gonads to the local sperm collection facility for just one opportunity to hunt one of these beastly creatures.

The WARDEN knows where a couple of these pisscutters hide out at. Places that border the Jic have a couple and near the CO border is a 40incher that has been seen this year already. Those bucks are not female pubic hairs that are matted together that appear to stop the straight stream from the stronger of the sexes.

Question: were any of you other 2b tag holders surprised by the notification from NMDGF recently with the new map that shifted the southeastern part of the unit to 2c? Did anyone know about this before they applied for 2b?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-07 AT 07:14PM (MST)[p]I guess the jokes on me. I just pulled out the 2007-08 proclamation and sure enough the map on pg. 17 is drawn around the new boundries. I've never looked at this one that closely though, as it has the disclaimer "Do not use the map on this page to determine unit boundaries."

Thats why I used the one I got from G&F a couple of years ago. Chalk it up as a lesson learned: go to the website to get up-to-date info on unit boundaries. They can and do change. Probably should be checking my elk unit as well... ;-/

"a real pig in the upper-middle central avenue portion along the G/Y border. If you can decifer that (you can work that riddle out), he's all yours- i've got a previous engagement somewhere's else."

I used the word pig- I've only ever heard Bess use the term Pisscutter,and I thought he ment it to mean a little "raghorn" buck.

The location of the buck I mentioned can be pulled from the above quote, and while I'm sure there are lots of similar "pigs" along the East and North borders of the unit (especially this year), this one's somewhere else- Private me if you think you know- A Game Warden Honey Hole wouldn't be worth squat if I just gave it to everyone. This buck was described by my dad as a 30 something typical "that would make the one you killed piss his pants" which means somewhere way upward of 193net. I've got another plan for my season and I'd be stoked if one of you guys found the riddle buck on my hint and smoked it (and reported back here on MM "Twarden comes through")

Someone asked about my dad- his name is Johnny Ahlm- ran Arapahoe Drilling for 30 years and now runs their production co.- used to teach at the Govornador School at Lowry camp- an oilfield company used to use the school house after that, They built a gas station across 64 about a decade ago- I don't know which ranch it's on. He also tought at the little schoolhouse in Largo Canyon.

ALSO- 2C has been around for about 2-3 years now- It hasn't exactly been a secret. You out-of-staters should concider 2C as your first choice, only 30 tags but hunt during the rut and most expect a 200 buck or bust. The way NM draw is, your first choice doesn't penalize the chances of your second choice, Apps are picked- if your first choice is gone it goes to your second... Used to be they picked all first choice, then went to all second choices- which meant no-one ever drew their second choice unless no-one wanted to hunt there.

I'm just (now) back from 7 days in the Pecos Wilderness/ Trapped and transplanted 59 bighorns to the Rio Grande Gorge and the Dry Canadian. Got some really cool picks and video. Maybe I'll post.

See you guys in the hills.
timberlinebanner2.jpg

Thanks warden,

For clarification, it's not that I didn't know that 2c previously existed. It's that sometime since my obtaining an official game unit map from the Office G&F (a couple years ago) 2c peeled of a prime piece of 2b: the section south of Cereza Canyon that borders the Jicarilla to the south and east.

All I can say is it's a darn lucky thing for me that G&F sent me a notification about that change, as I fully intended to be hunting in that area based on a few leads and the out-dated map that I had.

I'd a had you or some of your buddies crawling all over my hide... ;-)

Sorry Mozey, I didn't realize they'ed changed boundaries either.

The riddle buck started out as a fun way to give a great tip to someONE on a great buck, but I'm starting to feel a little sadistic and mean. I'll try to come up with a new hint to get it moving and get it over with. Put all these riddle together and chew on it (and mull your mapS) and if you do figure it out you should be able to put a pen point on the spot.

One dark night, in the Middle of the day
Two dead bucks came out to play
Up on top they faced each other
"Who's on first" they heard one utter.
It's the center of the middle for to take a ride,
But the middle of the center only hurts your pride.
The tree is low and the water is high
and the grass isn't greener on the other side.

timberlinebanner2.jpg

"it's the center of the middle...bla bla bla" Don't you work? I hope you put this much effort into love poems for you wife. No one cares about your stupid riddle.

As I sit gazing staring at topos, I think to my self game and fish must be locos!! They make up these jingles to try to give hints while their hourly job pays merely cents! While wasting dinero de nuestro estado I say to my self, que desgraciado! Ellos estan en las trokas gris, but if u dont leave the driver seat you dont know what you mees!(miss) Amigos de mio cater to you, all becase you wear that shirt of blue! No one really likes you but it's best to be nice, cause people like you always come around twice. There to harrass and rarely do good timberlinewarden, stay outta our woods!!! Your arrogance shows and I think it blows, must be making up for something under your clothes!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-07 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-07 AT 06:25?PM (MST)

Troll Alert!!!

You credibility with one post speaks volumes. The Spanish is a nice touch...

What I really have to wonder about Tu_madre/Dandaman is why you have the same IP address of 128.165.103.132?

timber.....
no te percupas warden todovia te quero.
sige aciendelo ya mero lo tengo!
chinge todo lo mas.
rackmaster

tumadre and dandaman are the same. Yes, it is true. I say this since there IP address is the same. The fun part about this is that this poster is using an IP address which comes from Los Alamos National Laboratory (http://samspade.org/whois/128.165.103.132). What do you think the federal government would have to say about what he/she is saying? Maybe their cyber folks need to be contacted to see what they have to say.....I am quite sure it is a violation of their cyber security policy. (By the way, it is easy to track who is it - compare the firewall logs to the time posted - you get the internal IP address of the computer - game is over - as us cyber guys say - you have been pawned (layman's terms - BONED)!!)

By the way, I will say it for the rest of us on this board - this poster does not represent our views and is a #####!!!!

JBone

jbone great job!!!

I was pretty sure we were only dealing with one jacka$$ not two. I didn't know how to check and prove it. I really hate the way someone can come in and say they are stating an opinion but the whole crap is to attack someone.

This is more geared towards those of us that know why we are here..

Pretty pathetic how one person can ruin a good time. Here we all are, all enjoying something more than our tedial jobs to pass the time. A little brain teaser to get us thinking, which I know with my job and sure many others, doesn't happen to often. Something to pass the time and build the excitement of what's to come in our hunts! I spent half my day having fun with this, much better than selling IT equipment(which I still managed to sell about $75k in product today-it is possible to think and have fun and still be productive). And if I'm not wrong, did warden post his work schedule, do you know his hours of work? Tell you what, I worked from 8-5 at my full time job,6-10 part time to support my family, and in my FREE time, I'm replying to this, which ultimatley, is sad that I even have to.

I enjoy the fact that we have all sides of the hunting communtiy represented, from the few jack*asses(I think we all know who this is) toting weapons(should be toting bamboo reeds to dig for dinner) to the true sportsman that not necesarily have to kill something, but more enjoys the time spent with nature, with our past, present, and futures. And obviously the law enforcement side of the arena, which as much as every one us at one point has said, "great, another G&F officer I have to talk to", at the same time, has had conversations like they were your hunting partner(at times they are) of where the deer were, techniques, etc.

I enjoy that all sides are represented, including the apes that have to attack. This just shows us that the hunting ecosystem is a delicate balance, the wardens and rangers to keep apes in check, and the in betweens to enjoy ourselves, to enlighten our youth, and to look back with fond memories.

You can't blame "tu madre"'s and "Dandaman"'s and the last thing you can do is let them alter your emotions and thoughts. They can't help it, and will alays be here...just look past them and think of that monster buck you just jumped out of his bed, a fleeting glance of gray and brown, bouncng through the brush....because after all said and done, that is what you remember, the hunt, the time with friends, what brought you there, the people you met, and overall, an experience that a lot of people never enjoy.

Tu Madre/Dandaman, post whatever you like...we know why we are here and will enjoy every second of it!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom