Unit 3/301 4th season help

silverstem

Hi All
We are over here trying to fill a bull tag and need some help!!we didn't see anything at all this morning and are starting to think that the elk haven't moved down yet, and was wondering how the other elk hunters in the unit were doing??we are seeing some monster bucks and would be more that willing to help just shoot me a pm..
thanks

we have been here all week also, Saw 1 bull in 5 days, its just my 2 sons who have the bull tags and they are getting VERY flustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way whats up with sitting in your truck all day on a ridge top hoping something runs to you? Not my way of hunting.

We haven't seen much more, 2 bulls and 2 cows, all on private!!my wife has a bull tag and we didn't think it was going to be this tough.we have been hunting fortification rock the first 2 days and hunted the godiva rim area today with no luck!! talked to the warden this afternoon and he was saying the elk haven't moved down from black mountain and the hunting has been tough for everyone..apparently that is what they are doing!! we noticed that yesterday and were wondering the same thing, that's not our way of hunting either and left the area.keep in touch, we are staying in Craig until sunday and will check posts and hopefully we can help each other..

silver, we are staying in craig also at the Hampton. We are hunting north of co rd 17. My son has a cow tag for private also. Look for a lifted grey f350

cogoat,,,rub it in rub it in......LOL if we had 3rd season tags it would not have snowed until 4th , that's our luck.ha

Me and my oldest daughter will be up that way tomorrow to look for her a cow. We are in a white ford flatbed look for us I will try to help you

> By the way whats
>up with sitting in your
>truck all day on a
>ridge top hoping something runs
>to you? Not my way
>of hunting.

I seen that same thing in that unit a few years ago. A guy sitting in his truck next to the road in the same spot day after day not moving. But one day he was out of his truck cleaning a 5x5 Bull go figure. Have not seen him since.

Oldmossback, we are staying at the Hampton also, hunted all day today around co rd 17 and didn't see any elk at all.We are leaving in the morning, no elk for us!!!! hows your hunt going?? hopefull it ends up better.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom