Unit 3,Shiras Moose

azbiggame

Very Active Member
back in 2000,I decided to begin My quest for a good n.r. Wy. moose hunt and began to purchase P.P.This season with 13 P.P. inhand and thinking I could draw,started the search for a good Outfitter to help in the Draw and hopefully the Hunt.Terry Pollard and Bald Mountain Outfitters came to My aid ...Tag in hand and Summer gone by,time to head for Pinedale, Wy.1st week in Oct.

Travice Pollard would be My guide on this Archery hunt during rifle moose season.The "Rut" was on and this Great guide can sure push the buttons on those aggresive bulls with His calling !!! Day 2 had Us high above B.M.O. Camp with a 2 1/2 hour horseback ride into hunt area,where this Big moose had been seen earlier on other rides.Great calling put this "Bad Boy" within 10 yds.and a well placed arrow,bull went less than 70 yds, and My quest for a GREAT moose hunt was completed.Except for high 5's,photos and oh ya ... field dressing !!!,and packing out meat following day,via pack string.

A big thanks to Terry and Travice Pollard and Bald Mountain Outfitters for a great hunt experience.Highly recommend this Outfitter for Moose.Hopefully will get to go in near future on a elk hunt with B.M.O. and share another great camp and beautifull high country to view and hunt ... Bruce

1788img_0497.jpg

3310img_0499.jpg

9407img_0510.jpg

Can't tell for sure, but I would've at least had them cape it out and sold it vs trashing the cape if you weren't going to mount it...

for Those that are so worried about "CAPE" ... having a Euro mount and something new and different done to skull ? Be sides my den wall not big enough for "Beast",mounted.Tanned rug being made out of squared body cape.All will look good,when finished.With plenty of "Memories" ... Bruce

To each his own...I'm sure it'll look awesome! Not everybody has room for that large a head mount.

In 2007, i shot a 45 inch Shiras in Idaho,and had a full shoulder mount. In hind sight,i should have done a European,like has been stated they take up alot of room,and are not very pretty,like a big buck or bull,plus the $1200.00 opposed to $300.00! Just my 2 cents...

thanks Guys,been thinking about what to do with a "BIG" moose head for 13 years ... and decided beore the Hunt.My trophy was 47" wide,will make the minimum of P&Y by plenty after 60 days.SCI score by 2 oficial scorers at 400 4/8.Been told will be largest Wy. moose taken with archery in 2013 by Wy. Guides Assoc.A true hunt of a Lifetime ... Bruce

Congrats. Very nice bull. I too have thought the euro is the way to go when I get lucky enough to draw. They are huge and euros look awesome. Well done.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom