Unit 30 Bow or Rifle?

T

Tinytim

I drew a unit 30 tag this season. My question is do you think I will have a better hunt with a bow then a rifle? and what I mean is, seeing more game and less people with a good chance at a bull and having a good time. Or with a rifle better chance at a bull but dealing with people no matter how far I walk away from roads. Thanks and good luck to all.

That's the great thing about Wy.You can do both.Archery hunting area 30 is an awesome experience.I highly recommend it!You can always rifle hunt later.

I agree 100% about archery hunting it before hand. I live in Rock Springs and have been in that area alot and have noticed that you will have less traffic during achery season then rifle.

Well tony you must not of spent too much time out there the last couple years. Every Tom ##### and Harry are bow hunters now......

:D

Tinytim,
If you live close enough by all means go chase them around with a bow.

But if you live far away and have to pick between bow and rifle I would pick rifle.

You could also plan it to arrive the last few days in sept to "scout" for a bull for opening day (oct 1st). You can bow hunt during that time which is probably the best time for rutting action out there anyhow.

Those bulls will be bugling into mid to late Oct.

Good Luck!

I'm working for Infinity Power & Controls. I started working there back in November. How is the Alaskan life treating u?

Nice, so your doing automation? We call those wannabe electricians ;). Right on! I heard Bruce is staying busy. Say hi to Cass and Brandon for me!

AK is great. Been picking up fresh moose sheds since late November. Spring bear is coming up in May.

Have a fly out bou trip planned for Aug. And then a fly out moose trip for Sept.

Going to be a busy fall!!!

I'll be back in RS sometime this spring and I'll come hunt you down and buy you a beer!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom