Unit 30 deer

IDoutdoors

Was wondering how deer hunting is around leadore in unit 30 ? Wanting to hunt a new place for deer but haven't been there for a long time. I'm going to go scouting in a week. Just wanted to know some general questions. Are the deer numbers reasonable? Does this unit get pounded by hunters? What is the terrain like outside of leadore? Just looking for a deer to fill the freezer with. Or should I look at another unit ? Thanks in advance fell free to pm.

freezer buck can be had anywhere.(forkhorn/spike). opening day is an absolute circus. hunker down.. pressure fades after opener. get off the road.. seen nice bucks in 29.from leadore to hayden crk. regardless, im partial to that ground I think it is gorgeous and fun to hunt.

30 is an ok unit for deer but in my opinion there are better general season units to hunt mule deer in Idaho. The highest concentration of deer in the unit is on private land along the Lemhi River. Other parts of the unit have much lower concentrations of deer. The high success rates the F&G post for the general season hunts is in my opinion artificially increased by the high success people have on private land. With the exception of the area along the Lemhi there is a lot of public land. There are a lot of roads in the unit but if you are willing to hike a mile or two in steep country you can hunt a lot of places that don't get as much hunting pressure. Send me a PM and I could give you more information.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom