Unit 30

infinitecircles

Headed for unit 30 on Thursday to chase muleys and was wondering if any of the second season hunters were willing to share a report. Obviously I was hoping to have had a couple of good snow storms by now but that hasn't been the case so now I'm trying to adjust my strategy. Any info or advise on a warm weather 3rd season hunt in 30 is greatly appreciated. Mainly just interested in knowing if the deer have started moving anyway or if I'm looking at 9 days of playing hide and seek. Thanks!

To the north we are seeing a few of the larger bucks starting to move around more with the smaller bucks trailing does. The animals are slowly migrating down. Weather has been warm and fairly dry with a rain shower about once per week. Good luck and post some pictures of your hunt!

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

don't know about 30 but where I was at, to see animals you had to find them on the north slopes in the thick cool stuff. Either by going in after them, trying to glass them in it or sitting on the edge and catch them as they come out right before dark.

Temps are way to high, but the deer still need to be starting their rut games. Like stated above deer should start to be getting into the warm up phase just need it to cool down so more of the action is during shooting light.
Good luck.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

I came home with an unfilled tag. Hunted the entire season and never turned up a buck I wanted to kill. Deer were scattered and the storm we had on sunday/Monday made access tough the first part of the season. I'm sure there were a couple of decent bucks killed in the unit but not by me and I didn't see them.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom