Unit 31/32 deer 3rd rifle question

muleycrazy23

I am thinking about a voucher for 3rd rifle in 31/32. Has anybody hunted those units or have any advice? I don't know anything about them and just wondering if its worth it. The guy is asking $400 for the voucher. Thanks

Seems pretty cheap for a voucher but here is what I think after hunting it one time a couple years ago. We started in unit 32 and quickly realized by the tracks in the snow that there were very few deer left in the unit and all sign pointed toward a northwestern migration out of the unit. We packed up camp in the middle of a blizzard and just barely made it back down and decided to roll the dice in 31. In a nut shell deer densities were crazy low but the chance for a bruiser is definitely there. Way too many wild horses in 31 too!

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

It depends. How much land do you get to hunt with the voucher? What is his land like?

For 32 in 3rd season not much hope the deer are pushed by hunting pressure and by weather out of 99% of the public land. However some of 31 can really be good. I would not expect anything over 160 in either unit on public land. $400 is not a bad price but I would be sure to figure out what access you get with it.

I also bought a landowner voucher for 3rd season unit 31. All I can say is that I hope the hunt is better than dealing with the broker. What a poor experience. Prolly will never buy another landowner tag. For what it is worth, I have contacted the wildlife officer and he has been very helpful. Sounds like deer numbers are within objective, and the location of the deer will be weather dependant. Nice weather, they will be up higher, with the cold and snow will push them down. I would say for $400 I would find what kind of land(low vs. higher ground) and how much they have, also if it could put you into some inaccessible blm land.

Thanks for the info guys. The tag does not come with any private access. After talking with several guys I think I am going to pass even though the tags are a decent price. Seems like most the deer are moved onto private in both units by then by either weather or hunters. Thanks

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom