UNIT 31

Blackknight

My wife drew a mule deer tag in Unit 31 (NOV 2-11). Anybody out there know anything about this unit that wouldn't mind a little input?

i would try over by klondyke. last time i was there i was hunting mulies in 32 and about 25 head of deer jumped the road in front of me into 31. there wasnt any huge bucks but i was still pissed. anyways, good luck

Well, we all know it ain't the Kaibab. She just wants to let off a round or two at "A" buck. Small bucks is just fine. If we happen to see a 3x2 great.

Try the O-Bar-O Ranch. It's 34,000+ acres of deeded ranch land. I've taken a few bucks off that ranch and several javelina. It's been a few years since I've hunted there. But you're welcome to PM me and I'll try to put you on some of my old honey holes. I know a few draws and glassing points.
Also, behind the Fort Grant Prison. Some good muley hunting in there. You'll mostly see whitetails...but some bigger muleys hide in the foothills.
Good luck.

Scott G.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-07 AT 10:38PM (MST)[p]Thank you guys for the pm's and the information! Although this is not a monster mule deer area, there are muleys in Unit 31. I will check out these areas for my wifes deer hunt. This is her first buck tag. Thanks again...

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom