Unit 32 September Archery Muley

jacobperez02

Drew unit 32 sept archery mule deer for fall 2024. Figured the best hunting would be on water since itll be hot. Anyone got any pointers or tips?

Scout in August. Find bucks. They will be in the same general area when the hunt opens in Sept. They’ll be in velvet, and patternable. They won’t wander, unless their water source dries up or something. If the Monsoons are good, they won’t necessarily be pounding the water in September. Keep your options for tactics flexible. Good luck

Got the same unit but oct rifle tag. Are you near Clovis? might be down to go do some scouting and share on the gas bill. let me know

I miss living in SA. One piece of advice, is the light blue powder land / state land on ONx is not accessible legally until two weeks prior to your hunt. You may run into a state land lessee who could make it a problem, especially if no hunts are ongoing or occuring in the following two weeks. It is mostly BLM land in that unit so not a huge deal

Be prepared for a hot hunt. I live in the unit and Had that tag last year and it was still in 100+ degrees every day. Bring a good pair of snake gaiters as well. There’s tons of rattle snakes.
If the monsoons are good sitting water won’t be very productive as there will be water all over. If it’s dry that’s a different story. I like to get up high and glass early at first light. The deer will move around good the first couple hours of the day. Shoot me a pm I may be able to help more

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom