Unit 32

Wyorawhide

I took my boy into unit 32 this morning to look over some new territory. We seen about 30 deer total. 5 were bucks for sure. Their antler development was minimal. All five bucks had antlers about 4 inches long with no point development. It will be a few more weeks before we can start getting a feel for what they are going to look like. The mast crop dosen't look like a bumper crop this year. It will be a few more weeks before we will be able to get a good gauge on acorns. The prickly pear crop this year isn't a bumper crop either. Somehow we will muddle through though. All of the bucks were spotted around the 4000 foot mark. We started seeing deer at 3500 feet and continued through the 4500 foot mark. Not to bad for half a days work. Maybe next weekend I will have some info on 36C.

The pears were coming along fine in unit 33 last week, I just wish they had a "pear" bear hunt there. I couldn't get a good reading on the oak crop though. Nice you guys saw some deer. Good luck in 36C

Bret M.

Sorry Drummond,
I thought that a vast majorty of the posts on this forum delt with Arizona, I figured that a 32 and 36C were self explanitory. Besides if it mattered to anybody, they would know where I was talking about.

I didnt get out as planned yesterday because of honeydo's so thanks for the info. sounds like you guys did real good.....I will be curious how 36 looks........Thanks....... Allen Taylor......

I went up to unit 22 Saturday to try out my new Minox 15's. I got there well after sunup and only saw 3 Coues does in an hour of glassing. There is a lot of pear fruit on the cactus around Mt. Ord and farther up toward Payson.

I REALLY WANT TO GET A BEAR and hopefully this will be the year!

I dont know what I was thinking, I should have known it was AZ being that I was in the coues forum. Sometimes I amaze myself with my own ignorance--LOL

Drummond

Drumm, dont worry about it, you didnt amaze me, I expected the ignorance...........LOL.........Allen Taylor......

The amazing thing about Huntsometang is the fact that he's able to type a somewhat literate sentence!!!

How were the water levels when you were out scouting? I'm hoping to get out in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to see what and where I drew tags this year. Thanks for the updates.

Scott G.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom