unit 33

steepandeep

I'm right there with points to draw a 4th season deer tag. Anyone willing to share some general info I'd appreciate anything. PM me, thanks.

Going into a 4th season hunt I'd be looking for 180" plus, but as the end of the season came closer I'd really just be looking for a good looking mature buck. I would sure try to hold out as long as I could for something nice!

From what I know 4th season is not the best season for 33. But that being said there have been some nice deer coming out of the unit.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

I'm not familiar with the 4th season but I have hunted the 2nd season many times and 3rd season once and I wouldn't waste my points on it. In 5 years of hunting I have not seen a buck in the unit over 150 and about 21 inches wide. I'm sure there are bigger bucks in there but you will be dealing with private and lots of thick cedars in the lower country where they will likely be during 4th season. I would look for other options if it were me.

Thanks for the input! Maybe I should focus on some other units. 33 has some nice looking country, I was hoping for some better news, anyway lots of other areas to check out.

Live in rifle and hunted it last year for the first time ever. We hunted hard for several days and never saw a buck older 3 years old and never saw a buck that was a true full 4x4. This winter while I was out and about I spent more time in the unit and in all honesty never saw a buck that would break 150. There are some good bucks but I would not expect to find one. the unit is easy to draw, easy to access and also has a lot of private in the lower country. I have picked several sheds this spring in the unit, but 90% have been forkies.

I would think that a better unit 3rd season would be a much better option. There is a reason why 33 does not require the huge points that other 4th season tag do

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom