Unit 34 Deer?

Largebull

What is the average Buck coming out of there lately? How are the numbers. Any better yet? Just curious what happend last year in there. Thanks in advance. I have enough points to draw it just curious.........BULL!

If you have enough PPs to draw it, then put in for Region G and hunt down there if you want any kind of a decent chance at a buck over 150". The numbers in 34 have come back a little, but in no way does it come close to the hunt you would have in G to kill a buck 170" or higher.

I have heard and read for g or h You pretty much need guide or horses. I had a guided elk hunt here in AZ. this year and just moved back here and can't afford one this year.Plus I will be 60 in Sept. but in pretty good shape, but not to climb them hills with gear. Have a friend in Casper that would take me in 34, He knows it but just doesn't tell me much about it. He is the quiet type. So I am curious for info. I would do g if I had some help over there. This guy likes to sleep in his own bed at nite. Great guy and knows his stuff, if I want free help its gotta be close to home. Thanks Top Gun..........BULL!

Yes, they are two completely different types of areas in that you can do a camp hunt or hunt from town to do 34. That means it's easy to have a lot of people in the unit and it's one unit compared to the huge areas and fantastic habitat that G & H cover. I hunt every year not that far from 34 and know it's potential and that's why I stated it is nowhere near as good as either of those Region tags after hunting G last September. If you hunt G or H it's definitely a horseback hunt to do it right and if you cant scout ahead of time in August then a guided hunt is the way to go. I love the DIY hunting, but at 68 years old I finally decided to pull some money from my 401K and do it right with my PPs and go guided in G. I don't regret it a bit and wish I was a resident that can hunt it every year, as they are so lucky to do that yearly that it's unreal.

Thanks for the reply Top Gun. I am back in Phoenix ,not making the big $ I was in the oilfield so I doubt I will go the outfitter route. Guess I will just have a fun hunt with a buddy showing me where to go and have fun. For about 10 years or so I have been into Big or nothing. Certain hunts I might just go back to the best You can do.Thanks again..........BULL!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom