Unit 34 elk

A

adkins333

From previous posts everyone said unit 34 antler growth was non existent.... I usually spend a lot of time in 34 every year but this year I drew 16d had a buddy draw 34 I told him a couple areas to hit he got a little rag horn but I'm helping a guy with a cow hunt tomorro and today scouted a couple of my old honey holes and I've seen more bulls this November then ever before saw a nice 6x6 with about 8 or 9 other bulls and coming back out ran into another bachelor group with bulls ranging from spikes to 300" I was kinda worried hearing all the horror stories but glad to see their are still some nice bulls on the hoof

Saw the same 6x6 running with a 7x7 today.... I know where I'm taking my brother in december

ive got pics of 2 bulls i passed on opning morning. one was a 350ish bull and the other was a 330 bull. i passed up over 20 some odd bulls opening day of the muzzy season and finally realized i had seen two of the bulls i was looking to shoot last year. im gonna disagree with compass west. horn growth was absolutely horrible in 34 this year. i hunted the first day of the muzzy hunt and went home. i was 5 miles from the nearest road in my honey hole and there wasnt a single bull near what his potential should have been. i will go back next year and see if theres anything over 370 in there like there should be.

stomper weren't you the one that shot that 370" bull out west?? but passing up 350's in 34 isn't a bright idea yeah ive seen some 380's there and a 8x8 that strike me down dead right now if it wasn't 400" but a 350 bull for there is a dang good bull. well a 350 bull anywhere is a good bull but my little honey hole this year has 3 bulls pushing 360 so maybe this late archery my brother can swack one

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom