Unit 34 Muzzle Bull

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Here's a pic of a bull my buddy David Rutherford guided for. He says this is the first elk the guy had ever seen in the wild.

471b91306a143cac.jpg

471b916c6b8953be.jpg

Wow! That thing is gonna score well. Awesome bull. Is that a scope kiss on his for head.
Only one i ever got was from my muzzle loader.

I'm not sure but I was thinking the same thing Paul! I'll ask David next time I see him and let you know. He said it was in the mid 340's

That might explain that slightly dazed look in first pic.

Just kidding, cameras play mean tricks on all of us.

Mine came shooting a ML laying down and aiming slightly uphill at an antelope several years ago in unit 52. I bled like a stuck pig and missed completely on top of that.

I don't know what it is with muzzleloader's but I think I've been "kissed" 3 of the last 5 years!!

This one was caught on film!
2003_0106NewMex0020.jpg

Great bull for sure. I don't know how you guys are getting smacked by your scopes...hmmmm , my muzzleloaders don't really kick that hard either...

Anyhow , Cookie , thanks for sharing it...

NUTT, your name fits you if you think those kickin' bastsges don't kick all that much! I sighted in my primo's last year and swore I'd never do it again!!!

Nice bull but I am with NMhunt about them kickin my smokers dont kick any harder than my dang 243... That is except for my old school with a brass plate now that somebiiitch hurts...

>Nice bull but I am with
>NMhunt about them kickin my
>smokers dont kick any harder
>than my dang 243... That
>is except for my old
>school with a brass plate
>now that somebiiitch hurts...

Don't know what set up you boys are shooting. My loupey has plently of eye relief and I'm shooting a 300WBY mag with 180 grain lead and max powder. I did get a little rub one time shooting a 30-30 with a cheap Tasco though.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom