Unit 34 youth hunt

Y

Yak

My son and I just returned from the youth hunt in unit 34 and was it ever an experience we will never forget.We were in bulls every day and must have heard over 200 bugles.He was able to take a nice 5x5 at 38 yards with his 270. We saw a really nice bull at 400 yards but did not take the shot as he had only practiced up to 250. What a great weekend for a 12 year old to have.I wish I could figure how to send the picture.

congrats.

Photo:
reply to your post, there will be "click here to upload photo" right above your reply box. Navigate to, and "upload" your pic. A new box will pop up. cut and paste the address into your main "message" reply box.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-08 AT 01:12PM (MST)[p]Probably too big. Open it up in imagezone and resize to 750KB. Then you can post. If it still doesn't work send it to me and I'll get it on here for you.
[email protected]

Very nice bull!!

48e5782958fc48aa.jpg

48e578845b363cc3.jpg

Yak,
When I got those files my e-mail showed them to be 621KB but they wouldn't load for me either. Opened up in imagezone plus and they showed to be 921KB. Not sure what the deal was there but I just resized to 700KB and there you go!

Thank you so very much for helping me,,,I cant wait to show my son he is on Monster Muleys.They say a smile is worth a 1000 words.

48e68e5321b25d6d.jpg

My 14 year old son and I were on the same hunt. This was his first elk hunt

We followed a heard bull all morning on opening day before finally getting a shot opportunity but missed (bull fever). The next day we located the same bull (by his bugle) and followed him for over an hour before cathing up to him only to find that he had broken off most of one main beam. We located this bull and followed him for over an hour before finally getting the shot at 50 yards. We passed up shots on 12 bulls before taking this one. Our goal going into this hunt was 300" and he ended up scoring approx 312.

We met a lot of nice people while scouting and hunting. Everyone from NM was very friendly. I hope my other two sons get the opportunity to experience this same hunt.

NICE BULLS BOYS!....My hats off to New Mexico F&g....to have a youth program like this....The other states are out to lunch as far as the youth hunts go!

I have been on several hunts and I will put that youth hunt at the top of my list.As I take a quote from my son,,,,"we were in bull heaven".Congratulations to all the youth hunters who drew this hunt.This was my sons second time he drew.Hopefully the third time is a charm---300-350?

That youth hunt has to be one of the best in the nation.Bulls screaming everywhere and watching our children have the opportunity to experience such a thrill.Thank you New Mexico for getting this one right.We experienced "Bull Heaven".

This is awesome to see all these kids scoring in NM. Much congrats to all, and may the same hunting traditions and values be carried on through their generation.

Pictures of two great bulls and kids. Love the smiles. Great job by the dads too.

Also good to see a positive comment about the G&F. We know they are doing something right with the youth hunts.

Awesome bulls! Judging by how the bulls were acting the last weekend of archery in 34, the youth hunters must have had a awesome hunt. I'm glad to see some nice bulls taken by youngsters!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom