Unit 37 Muzzy Muley hunt

Well, it's been about 5 years since I've muzzy hunted 37 for muleys. I know the herd quality was weak, however, it's definitely a good meat hunt. What's been going on since I've last been out there? Drought? Low herd numbers? Fire damage? Still lots of road hunters? Poachers? Give me something to think about....

Good bucks just not many. tons of road hunters. get off the road and do some hiking. the fire in there last year should be a decent place to start.

My son has killed 3 bucks there in 3 years on that muzzy hunt. Its been two years now that he doesn't draw it, but when he has had the license its a very fun hunt.The bucks have all been just good bucks , 1 fork and two smaller 3x3 &4x4 , but one of them was a heavy bodied buck and had thick antlers but but just a good deer. Two years ago the muzzy deer camp had 5 tag holders and 4 killed and the 5th guy had a chance just missed ....37 muzzy was one of my choices on my app , but no dice.....Should be a good time for you though , plenty of deer ...

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to hunting this fall. I know it's a tough unit to hunt, however, I love being there in the fall. My experience hunting the unit has been good but mostly harvesting small bucks. I've heard from other hunters that back in the 70's it was a great unit to draw a monster. Times have changed I guess.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom