Unit 39 and 40 antelope

elkz

My dad drew the mobility impaired hunt in 39 and 40. Anybody have any info on this hunt. Size or quantity? Thanks

LAST EDITED ON May-05-16 AT 06:42PM (MST)[p]Is it a ranch hunt or did you draw the entire unit?
Lots of good goats in those units.

Look on the tag itself to see if it's a ranch hunt.
If it is we can look up the ranch and get you some more information.

Sorry Guys and Gals I haven't posted up here in a long time.

Talked to elkz yesterday and he forgot to mention his dad is a fellow veteran, and a Vietnam Vet at that. So we were hoping someone can pass along some contact information or know of a landowner that he can contact who may let him hunt some private or gain access to some public with a few decent goats on it.

Thanks.

With the mobility hunt, are you allowed to fire from the road?

If so, PM me. I have some public areas in unit 40 that I've bow hunted and I believe you could be successful.

I'm sure someone will be able to offer better opportunities, but it's something you can add to your play book if need be.

It's been a few years since I have been in those units. I would look for larger blocks of state land with public access, there will be antelope on just about every area. Quantity is good. As far as quality 13-15" bucks are the norm with decent potential for bigger. Good luck, it should be fun!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-16 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]I should be out there this weekend glassing for bucks (deer)and knocking on farmers doors.
I'll go check out the area I told you to look at and see if I see any good antelope.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom