Unit 39 buck

M

miker1

Hunting with my son Austin last weekend.
We starting hiking up at 5:30 as an ever increasing ribbon of cars was driving by on the road below us on the road to Pine.
I knew there had been a lot of snow up high so we were hunting down, lower with just the very peak having a few inches of show on the N side.
Well we reached the top just before sunrise and looked over just in time to see 5 does and a two point bust back down the other side. I ran around the corner just in time to see a decent 4 point stop for just a second on the ridge at 300 yards. I knew there wasn't time to get my son on the buck and shoot in the time so I went ahead and shot the buck.
We hurried over and made sure the buck was down then sent my son off no his own to see if he could get the other buck. About the time he caught up to them two guys on motorcycles came up the ridge from the other side and spooked the bucks out of the country.
By the time he got back I had the deer ready to go so we packed up and headed back down the mountain. There were not a lot of tracks in this low to mid area. My guess is that most of the deer were already lower down by the reservoir.
The pack out was a knee buster but since there were two of us to share the weight it wasn't to bad.
Anyway it was a great day of hunting with my son.
1000img021-M.jpg

That's a stud buck, congrats! However you look familiar, did you draw a deer super tag a number of years ago?

Thanks everyone. Yes I drew a supertag a few years back. Took a 192 typical in unit 45.

Ya I thought I recognized you, that was an awesome buck you killed on Steve's video... Once again congrats!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom