Unit 39 Deer Hunt

505Hunter

Hey guys I was unsuccessful drawing out this year due to the change of put in time. Guess it was March 28th. But I was looking on the Game and Fish website and found extra tags available. I want to go somewhere close and Vaughn, New Mexico was the closest to me, unit 39 I believe. It's a muzzle loader hunt for Oct. 22-26. My grandad says that's more of antelope then deer. Is it worth purchasing a tag for over there? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

those tags are for only people who put in and didnt drew a tag if you didnt put in you cant buy.. sorry better luck next year... and your grandpa is right. dont get me wrong there is deer but in private land not public.

Very little public. You would need to pay to trespass somewhere and that would take some leg work.

YOU CAN BUY THOSE TAGS JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE CAN EVEN IF DIDNT PUT IN THAT ONLY APPLYS TO TO THE YOUTH IF THEY PUT IN AND DIDNT DRAW ANYTHING THAN THEY CAN APPLY FOR THE LEFT OVER YOUTH TAGS BUT THE OTHER AVAILABLE TAGS ARE A FREE FOR ALL AND FOR UNIT 39 LOOK UP WAGON WHEEL JUST EAST OF MORIARTY MY BUDDY LOVES THAT PLACE WHEN HE DRAWS HE PRETTY MUCH BAGS

Thanks everyone for the help!
@aepadil
Wagaon Wheel I am assuming is still within unit 39? If so, I will gladly ask my grandad about it and see but from what I am reading and looking up most of that area is private with little public. It would probably be a weekend trip but still. Let me know a little more about Wagon Wheel and i'll get back to you!

There is a reason there are left over tags for that unit. Like stated above, There is little public land and to many people hunting the little public land there is.

did you get the tag there is alot of private but there is on big mountain that is public and you can drive it you have to be there 1st thing because once they hear the shooting they run for private property the mountain is pretty big

@aepdila
I have not gotten the tag yet because they don't go on sale til August 20th. I asked my grandad yesterday and I am waiting to hear back. I'm hoping we can go, but like you said I will have to get there 1st thing.

they went on sale at 10am today and sold out before 10:04am. they have some tags for silver city area which has good numbers and some nice bucks... Good Luck

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom