unit 39 lope

I've seen plenty of good ones. But ill knock mine down first and then ill be more then willing to help. No ill help anyone ill probably end up shooting one closer to home cuz ill have my three year old with me

How many times have you drawn the tag ID_hunter27? It would suckkk to live so close to them and then have to put up with the long odds to hunt them.

I drew an antelope tag the second year I ever hunted big game when I was 14. I'm 24 now and have put in for a tag every season since- and haven't drawn/hunted. What a crock. A system like the Nevada point system is the only way to go these days. It's just not right that some people will never to get to hunt an animal in their home state even if they apply every year. Unfortunately I don't have the time or money to apply in Nevada, Wyoming, Montana, or Arizona...

1 time putting in. Point systems are crap this is the best way to have it so no one can cry you may get drawn or not if you do good if you don't well better pit some miles on your boots right

>1 time putting in. Point systems
>are crap this is the
>best way to have it
>so no one can cry
>you may get drawn or
>not if you do good
>if you don't well better
>pit some miles on your
>boots right

x2! I love they way Idaho has the draws, everyone has the same chances of drawing and while they may not be good in some units but you know that going into it and one can't just buy points! But anyways good luck on your lope hunt, I hunted 46 and had my chances but for my first time ever hunting the damn things it was a blast and can't wait til next year to do it again!

Everyone has the same chances of drawing. If you are an ID resident, I don't see how you could want any other system. Sorry rich Huntin' Fool types, you'll get no love here!!!!!

>1 time putting in. Point systems
>are crap this is the
>best way to have it
>so no one can cry
>you may get drawn or
>not if you do good
>if you don't well better
>pit some miles on your
>boots right

You're not getting it bro. If you don't draw rifle antelope- you ain't hunting rifle antelope. There's no option to just walk further....I have no desire to get into a pissing match with every bowhunter in the world over a waterhole either.

WIth regards to the next post about there being no reason that an Idaho hunter should want a point system. Well- I gave you one reason- it would really suck to live right in the middle of a unit and literally have there be a chance that you will never, EVER, hunt it. It's not fair.

But, most of you actually have no idea how the Nevada point system works so it's a useless debate with most of you. I agree the point systems that are given only to the person with the highest points are useless- but come on- it's a shame that a guy like me might not get to hunt antelope in my home state for 20 years. Of course- some guys have it WAY worse than me and haven't drawn easier tags than a lope tag for 30 years.

Back to the point- good luck with the lope hunt. Actually might start to feel like fall soon so that's good.

First off I am a bowhunter(for the record of opinions) and would agree with a point system, I grew up hunting Arizona so id Nevada has a similar system I would agree. A couple months ago when they asked us about it I said no but only because they were going about it the wrong way. For trophy units and any weapon antelope I would agree with points and I think the reason why people aren't for it now is that its a fair gamble EVERY YEAR and not only when you have 5+ Years of points which would make more sense because your odds are better but its all about the now. Every hunter is a gambler, you always bet on you when your there. Well... A lot of good lopes out there this year any down????? Good luck*!

I'm done was done at 8:57 this morn could have been done sooner thankfully ibwasnt got it confirmed later the big boy was a pl and owner is very non hunter on his land o well would post pics but lost my camera out there didn't know about it till beat up guy was on the ground

So how good was your lope? I'm not totally understanding your last post. Did you beat up some guy or are you talking about the beat up antelope?

O damn just read that wow I need to pay a bit more attention. I was putting a stalk on a bigger one at day break but he ended up being on private land before I could get a comfortable shot. But like I was trying to say I lost my camera while putting a stalk on the one I downed he's really beat up but he does curl all the way around for that awesome heart shape which sold me on him

It's
>not fair.

Neither is a point system. To give an advantage to one hunter means another hunter is at a disadvantage.

What I consider to not be fair is that there is a chance that a person can have a herd of antelope on their own land, and by no fault of their own, may literally never get the chance (or never have the chance to increase his own odds)to hunt that publicly owned species of animal if they don't get lucky. That is why I brought this up in this post- because it's obvious this poster is not some Joe-Schmo in Meridian who applied because it's the closest unit to his house. I am very glad that this hunter who started this post got to knock a lope to dirt in his backyard. I hope you will post a picture of him if you get one.

As another person said, I guess down-home Idaho hunters like that feeling of having to gamble every year. As another person said- perhaps in the end it keeps the big money away. Personally, I think gambling every year that I might get the chance to hunt antelope in my own state sucks. As I said, I have drawn 1 time in 10 years, which is technically about right for the hunt I apply to every year, but unfortunately I am no better off 9 years ago than I am today.

If someone told me that I could hunt antelope 1 time in the next 10 years (kind of like a point system would allow based on increasing odds), I would take that instead of hoping to get lucky in the current system and beat the odds to draw 2 times in 10 years but maybe not get to hunt in 25 years. A good gambler uses odds in his favor...

Waiting periods also work and would remove the opposition who dislike the point system for big money out-of-stater (HuntinFool types) reasons.

I also know some opposition comes from people worried about kids never getting to draw in their youth. Waiting periods also work for kids- or a special pool could be created for 10-18 year-olds. Frankly, youth hunting could be the most important challenge we hunters face.

+1

Never drawn antelope in over 10 years, on hunts that have a 1 in 5 shot. I am no closer now than I was over 10 years ago. Pretty sh*tty system if you ask me. Have yet to get a (good) answer from all the nay saying folks against a point system. Always the same answer-It turns it into a game of who has the most money......comon???Really??? Thats your best answer. Please.

I guy i work with hasn't drawn in 20 years of putting in. He stills doesn't like the whole points system. I drew a deer tag at 13 and haven't drawn since but hey I still have good bucks to show for it just put in the effort and it pays off. Granted their no 200 inch 45 brute but I think putting miles on your body is half of the fun and experience

apparently you dip$hits just don't give a damn about hijacking this guys thread to piss and moan about points. START A DIFFERENT THREAD!!

by the way, congrats on taking a good buck. try to get some pics up, if you can get to another camera.

If I can find my phone cord id do it that way. He's not the biggest by anymeans but the older I get the more I go for character it just looks better to have them funky antlers or horns up on the wall. I shot a fork horn a few years back just cuz he had weird growths on his face and body (will call him a management buck) but he has the most unique rack I have seen.

>apparently you dip$hits just don't give
>a damn about hijacking this
>guys thread to piss and
>moan about points. START A
>DIFFERENT THREAD!!
>
>by the way, congrats on taking
>a good buck. try to
>get some pics up, if
>you can get to another
>camera.

Oh my God the MonsterMuleys police. Watch out boys.

nope. its about being considerate, you ignorant bastard....but call it what you will. i think with a handle like "downthepipe", the boys best watch out for you!! see, that wasnt nice.

A post at 11:05 PM with that on your mind? Please, if you care to talk about taking it down your used, wide open backpipe- start your own post. We don't need your daydreams about your hunting partners in this post.

AntelopeEnnis4.jpg

Scouting-Sept23016.jpg

thanks for the pics.
sorry for the last comment guys. i should have realized the downthepipe is just a low brow kind of guy, and not wasted any time replying to him. my bad.

Sorry guys tried loading the pics won't work for some odd reason. I did measure him at 13 3/16 ON RIGHT AND 12 7/8 on left like I said before though it was the curl that sold me on him. Now to focus on my most difficult deer season yet. Hopefully I can make it 10 years striaght on connecting

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom