unit 39

S

sds1861

Just wondering if anyone has some information they would like to share about unit 39 around Atlanta, specificaly goat mountain, steel, warrior, quenns river trail. I've scouted quite a bit and haven't seen any real magnums yet. Not real sure about which backcountry area would be best. Just a lot of choices and a lot of country to choose from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I've been there a lot. Get high, get up in the rocks. They are there. They are wide spread this time of year. It's LOTS of boot leather, but big deer are there, because they get a chance to grow old.

Got a 187 last year. He was with a "twin" I hope to catch in a couple of weeks.

I guess that doesn't help much in your hunting. The deer are widespread and are up high. I would (do) get up in the rocks and expect to see relatively few deer. The book David Long wrote is almost a text book on what I have done for years in that unit.

they are there, i found a big buck watching me during the elk hunt, i'm no expert but he had to be 170+. he was in the rocks, i only saw him because his shadow gave him away. i'm hoping thats still his hideout next year.

Ya, I'm hoping the weather hits at the right time. Last year we were there to late and most of the deer had already moved out. It made for long days. Good luck and I hope you do find that buck, 170+ is a dandy and would make any hunter happy. Thats what were all out for.

i spent alot of time up there as well i was able to get a 30 incher the deer are spread out but don't get discouraged sometimes the deer won't come out at the same times the deer i got i saw in the morning then i found him and was able to take him a day later in the evening, so he didn't even come out one day, look for tracks to know if a mature deer is in the area and if you find a mature track find the buck, for the most part if you can find a mature buck the chances of him having the goods on on top are good i am hoping to get up there this year as well but i moved so maybe hutning closer to home

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom