unit 39

For me to tell you what i think of it i'd like to hear more of what it is your looking for?please be a little more specific,jimmy.
I've cussed the unit one day and loved it the next? Its a unit that has a little bit of everything.but always(where we hunt it)plenty of other hunters.

Tageater's questions are very relevant. Ask those and the answer can be more specific.

That being said, the last week of October will produce some of the largest deer in the state and they will come out of 39. How hard are you willing/able to work and how mentally and physically prepared for the weather are you?

Or, you can hunt near the roads and trials. There is a lot of territory there.

was thinking about hunting aroung mt hope we have been hunting unit 27 in the middlefork the last couple years in nov and was thinking about something a little different. just looking for a good unit with the opportunity for a muley in the 24-28 something like that

I'm not familiar with Mt hope, but i do know that 39 has that type of deer in it. I've seen more than a couple of bucks that fit your description. We hunt in/around the horseshoe bend area(as close as i can give you on the local).

And as gb said, the closer to the rut,(late Oct.) the better the bucks you'll tend to see, but thats anywhere. I say if you're looking for something new it'd be worth a shot, give 'er a try. Not that i want a ton of folks hunting around me, but there already are, whats one or two more.

I like the unit and have hunted it for the past few years. I hunt the last week of the season. From my experiece it comes down to weather and how hard you want to hunt. If you put the miles on and get back away from trails and roads you will increase your odds in a big way. Weather is something we cant control but if it hits at the right time it makes for a good season. One more thing to consider is don't expect to have a great season your first year or every year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom